We are all buzzing at Shop Suey Boutique! The boutique’s owner, Heather, is getting married! We are so excited that the big day has finally arrived! With that, we thought we’d share some of our favorite looks for summer weddings:
As a guest, coming beautifully dressed is a compliment to the bride and groom. It shows that you care for them and want every element of their special day to be beautiful. There are a few rules to keep in mind when picking out your dress:
- Never wear white. That color is reserved for the bride.
- Black is acceptable if it is an evening wedding but add some color with a wrap, clutch or jewelry.
- If the wedding is in a church, don’t wear something that you wouldn’t wear to a Sunday service.
- Regarding modesty, think balance. If you are showing a lot of skin on top (like a strapless or one-shoulder number), keep the length of your skirt longer. If you are wearing a short hemline, make sure you are covered on top with sleeves or a cardigan.
- Don’t purchase a dress you’ll wear again. Unless you are the bridesmaid, there is no reason to buy a gown you’ll never wear again (which is also a fading tradition as well! Multi-tasking styles are a better investment).
- Choose soft fabrics with movement. A stiff fabric looks too stuffy. Remember, this is a fun event.
- Consider wearing a bright color, embracing the festive feel of the celebration.
Here are a few of our favorites for a summer wedding:
To accessorize, pick one statement piece and keep the rest of your look simple. These Shop Suey Boutique items will look gorgeous at a wedding!
Follow us on Facebook this weekend as we’ll be sharing some wedding pictures of Heather and her groom, Doug!
Love these looks? Please share!