In honor of fall and Fashion Week, we bring you a refresher on the trends that ruled the runway for fall 2012! It’s time to play up those looks we saw 6 months ago on the runway!
The New Nude
The new nude makes for the perfect canvas, allowing the clothes to do (most of) the talking. Glowing, youthful skin teamed with flushed cheeks, strong brows and messy updos made for the perfect combination of sweet and sexy.
- Oscar de la Renta and Temperley London kept skin fresh with a nude eye, pretty pink cheeks and luminous highlights on top of the cheekbones.
- Junko Shimada added a romantic touch to the look with a splash of pink through the socket of the eye.A neutral palette is flattering for most women and is not intimidating to work with.
The key to making this look effortless is keeping skin super nourished and hydrated. As makeup artist Napoleon Perdis says, “Not to prime is a crime.” When skin is prepped and primed, you can get away with a more minimal base. A perfect base is essential in creating this look; keep it minimal and correct any blemishes or discoloration.
Napoleon’s Product Picks:
- Auto Pilot Napoleon Complex Skin Renewal Serum
- Off Duty Tinted Moisturizer
- Napoleon’s new ‘skinnovative’ concealer: The One, Mosaic Flushing Powder
- Light Patrol Luminizing Palette
- Double Agent Nude Lip Palette
- Eyebrow Pencil Pale Rider
We are loving this look! We think “minimal” is key to letting your wardrobe shine! Why not try a nude-toned handbag paired with the gorgeous rich colors of fall? We have many for you to select from! Here are our favorites:
Love what you see? Please share with your friends!