It’s National Chip & Dip Day today! What better way to celebrate than with Blueberry- Pomegranate Margaritas and homemade guacamole and chips? Yummy! Get the recipes here:
Blueberry- Pomegranate Margarita
1 part Sauza® Tequila (Sauza® Silver Tequila recommended)
½ part Triple Sec
1 part fresh lime juice
1 part blueberry-pomegranate juice
Blueberries for garnish
Combine ingredients with ice in a shaker. Shake hard: Strain into a margarita glass with fresh ice.
Garnish with fresh blueberries
Guacamole & Chips
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
2 teaspoons finely chopped white onion
2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or Serrano chilies, seeds and membranes removed, if desired
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 large ripe avocados, preferably California Haas, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons cored, seeded, and finely chopped plum tomatoes (1 small tomato)
2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
8 6-in corn tortillas
6 cups canola oil
- Heat canola oil to 375 degrees in a deep fryer or large sauce pot.
- In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chile, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings, and serve with a basket of warm corn tortilla chips or veggie sticks, for a lighter option.
- Cut tortilla strips like a pie into eighths. In batches (as not to overcrowd fryer) place chips into hot oil and fry until golden, two to three minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve chips warm with guacamole.
Enjoy your celebration and keep these recipes in mind for Cinco de Mayo!
These tasty treat recipes brought to you by Sauza Tequila.